getting honest

posted on: 4.08.2019

 Not easy but it’s necessary

If I’m honest I have to admit

I thought we’d get another go at it

I thought we’d have a chance to do things differently

I thought we might meet again over ice cream

Or a game or two in an arcade

At the very least, I thought you’d let me know

That you no longer wanted to hear from me

That you were ready to put me in your vault of past lovers forever

That I was never to be your person

 Nor you mine

The lofty dreams of a home and a life and Christmas morning together were indeed lofty

But perhaps you’ve had those dreams and goals with several people

Or it’s less about the person than it is about your personal goal and dream

Either way, you’ve moved on

And you’re repeating moments of our life together, with someone new

It’s strange and it’s peculiar and it’s downright sickening to see

But I truly do hope you’re happy

Even if it takes every fibre of my being to wish that for you now

I know the real you, and I loved the real you, and what we had was ours, not ever ever replaceable

At the end of the day, grandma remembered your name

You were special, you were my person for a brief moment in this life

And you were one hell of a lesson.

-merci pour tout mon dernier amour