letters to the dead, christmas edition

posted on: 12.20.2018

Hi,

I just wanted to say Merry Christmas. I hope you have everything you want this season and are not feeling alone, like me. Life goes on, post holiday season. It's hard not to remember last year and the small hope that was alive in me for our reunion, especially after watching A Christmas Story ensemble.

Today, I wish I could pick up the phone and call you, hear your voice. How are you? But really real, how are you? Oh how I wish for all the positive and good things in life for you.

I am good. Like pretty pretty good. For the first time in my life i'm focusing on establishing a meaningful career working with children, and not a relationship. I graduate in May as a Montessori guide. I hope in my lifetime that Montessori's method becomes the mainstream, and that every child gets the opportunity to go to Montessori school. Our world would be much more peaceful if that were the reality of education. Part of me wanted to send you a book by Maria Montessori, called Education and Peace, anonymously. But that wouldn't be possible, because coming from Canada would be hard to hide. And unfortunately you're not worthy of my acts of kindness and love anymore (remember the ice cream gesture?). You're gone now, and that's okay.

Regardless, I hope you're having a wonderful holiday and that you have everything you want and more this season.

Thinking of you,


me.