language

posted on: 11.26.2018

body language

non verbal cues

written words

love letters from the past, painstakingly written in the early hours of the morning, trying to fill hours of a time difference. when will you wake? when will my inbox flood with your loving words? the sentiment so real, despite physical distance.

poetry

fiction

non-fiction

they all have a place in your world. some are present, some are future thoughts, most are in the past.

the past is the past, you always said. i never believed in that, trying, fighting to bring it into my present. like a comforting blanket wrapped around my shoulders on a cold night. it's what i knew. the language of the past. my comfort. my security blanket.

it no longer serves me, that security blanket. the past is truly in the past. language allows me to express emotions - communicate with grace and courtesy, kindness and love. positivity is a choice i make through words both written and spoken. through body language, through non verbal cues. through mood and spirit, i'm always conveying language.

it's the most human thing of all.

i pray it continue to be a language of love.