letters to the dead vol 6

posted on: 10.25.2018

Heading to an interview today to become a teacher.

Remember when we were standing in your kitchen last September, fully embraced, and I said “I just don’t know what to do” 

You said, “I do. You need to be a teacher

My rock.

How did you know my souls purpose before I did? 

How did you teach me so many lessons only to disappear when things got really hard and admittedly cracked wide open? 

I want to share this with you. I want you to quiet my fears and worries about the interview. I want you to be there for me. I want to be there for you. To push you and be an example. I want to support you in leaving your work that I know you hate.  I want to encourage you and be your sounding board. Your quiet release. 

But you’re not here. You’re dead, basically.